Jul 16, 2012

identidad

Someone made me really mad last week. I was mad, until the point of getting sick. Because I coulnt articulate the ways to defend my self, or my ideas. I realize how much labels that doesnt fit with us, can hurt. I was hurt, mad, and invalid of words. But I wake up.

Conversations can heal, with other conversations, with restorative conversations. After having a conversation with a woman that I admire, and value, I felt empower again. I feel connected again. I feel, that it is ok to say no, and it is ok to speak up as I have been working on so much for the last few years.

I am still mad. But I am mad in a more productive way. In a way that is not paralizing me, nor my identity. I dont feel ashame for needing to talk, or for being me. I feel mad, but that feeling that will not stop me for thinking. I want to make things better, and I will.

Having somebody telling me words of my identity that doesnt fit with me, I realize how I am adding or deleting words and actions of my identity on daily basis. I am the one that is choosing those labels. That are not labels.

No comments:

The lesser blessed

I have to tell you something, I said, I’m not going to lie, I have to tell you I have this god-shaped hole in my  heart, and I think you do ...